Friday 24 June 2011

Love letter from God


Song of Songs 8:6-7

"Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal over your arm. For love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame. Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. If one were to give all the wealth of his house for love, it would be utterly scorned."

Last night I was at church for a time of "Soaking Prayer", as we call it at Pinelands Baptist, but I suppose you could also call it chilling with God, listening to God, meditation, or whatever. It's so cool to come together with a group of other believers and just wait on God together and see what he has to say. The evening started off with Janine and I leading worship. I chose songs that would draw us into a place of surrender to God, asking for more of him in our lives and realizing that he won't stop pursuing us until he has ALL of our lives. So we spent 15 minutes singing Consuming Fire, More Love, More Power and You Won't Relent. Such wonderful songs!

Follow this we went into 30 minutes of quite before the Lord. For the first 20 mins there was gentle music playing, and the next 10 there was total silence. During this time I asked God what he wanted to say to me. Like I said in my last post, I get all muddled up if I try keep everything in my head, so I wrote down whatever I thought God may be saying. I'm going to write here part of the love letter that God wrote through me last night. I hope it blesses you.
 
"My love for you is like this (Song of Songs 8:6-7). It never fades or changes. It never fails. I stay the same always and forever. My love for you is all consuming. Nothing can quench it. It can never run out. It will never end or finish. Take this (love) as a seal on your heart and body. Let my love mark you.Let it set you apart. A love like this cannot leave you unchanged. The effect of my love on your life should be as evident as a tattoo across your heart or your arm.
 
Oh won't you let me love you? Let me fill you! Let me wash over you. Dive into this love that I have from you. You will never be the same again. I have so much more to give you. You have only just touched the surface. I want to go deeper with you. To take you to a whole new level.
 
I love you. Oh how I love you!"

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sarah, what you wrote me has moved me a lot. I was just seeking for the song of songs because I am getting a tattoo in two days. If you read this please contact me. I'd love to find someone who has still so much believe. What a pity that here in Germany the people are not proud of believing anymore. I'd love to share my thoughts with you.
    laurajuhas@yahoo.de

    ReplyDelete