Thursday 24 May 2012

Aeidan

I wrote this for my third song assignment in the School of Worship that I'm doing. The restrictions were that I needed to be a love song and a story song. I'm not really sure where this came from, other than it had to have come from God because I was so surprised by what came out of me. Honestly, I cried quite a few times while writing it. 

It was inspired by the testimony of my friend Josh. But some of the emotion comes from walking with some of my other friends who have gone through similar circumstances. I hope you are moved by it. I would really appreciate feedback and comments if you have any. Today we presented out third songs to our class and I recorded my band playing this song. I hope to record it in studio in two weeks time. 



Verse 1:
He heard the news, can it be true?
He's just turned eighteen and she's sixteen
At first fear is overwhelming 
But then his heart starts yearning

Maybe he can be to this child
The father he never had
He can lovingly provide 
Be a perfect dad

Hope grows, life shows 
But his future changes with signs of danger

Chorus 1:
So he sings 
"Son I'm here I won't give up on you 
My love for you is forever true
Son I'm here I won't give up on you 
My love for you is forever true"

Verse 2:
Heartache, heartbreak 
At those awful words 
A life song so beautiful 
Never will be heard

Too soon he enters the world
But never utters a cry
Cradled in his daddy's arms 
Their hello is their goodbye

Hope fades, life wanes 
The future's bleak, incomplete

Chorus 2:
Still he sings 
"Son I'm here I won't give up on you 
My love for you is forever true 
I lay you in the arms of God
You'll be safe there, but     
Goodbye is still so hard"

Outro:
"Aeidan I love you so much, 
every day my heart aches 
I didn't get to watch you grow 
or take your first steps
How I long for that day 
when we'll meet face to face 
I'll run to you, arms open wide 
for our eternal embrace"

If you want to subscribe to this blog, you can do so by filling in your email address on the left hand side of the page under the heading "FOLLOW BY EMAIL".

No comments:

Post a Comment