Wednesday 18 July 2012

Fill Me Up - In Xhosa

I was recently on a missions trip to a rural village called Viedgesville, near Mthatha in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. One thing that I really wanted to do was to be able to introduce some new worship songs to the people there that were in their own language. I asked on of our translators to translate United Pursuit's song "Fill Me Up". It is simple and incredibly beautiful and powerful. Here are the lyrics in case you ever want to use it anywhere. In my church, we like to add in ethnic songs every now and again in worship because we have quite a diverse congregation so I hope that we will be able to sing it there soon. If you speak Xhosa, please let me know if the translation is accurate.
Fill me up, God 
Fill me up, God 
Fill me up, God 
Fill me up
Ndigcwalise
Ndigcwalise
Ndigcwalise
Thixo

You provide the fire
Ndinikeze umlilo
And I'll provide the sacrifice 
Ndiyakuba lidini
You provide the Spirit
Unikeza uMoya
And I will open up inside 
Ndiyakuvulela 

Love of God, overflow
'Thando lukaThixo, luyapupuma
Permeate all my soul 
Thatha konke okwam




If you want to subscribe to this blog, you can do so by filling in your email address on the left hand side of the page under the heading "FOLLOW BY EMAIL".

No comments:

Post a Comment