Thursday 19 April 2012

Deafening Silence - short song assignment

Here is another song writing assignment that I did for my School of Worship class this week. We were given 20 minutes in class to write the lyrics and then could take some time in the evening to put it to music if we wanted. 

The assignment was to take one of five oxymorons and use it either in or to inspire a song. I chose 'deafening silence'. My inspiration for this song came from Elijah's expereince with God on the mountain in 1 Kings 19:11-13


I did a short recording of it on my iPhone and made it into a video so that I could put it on here. The sound quality isn't great, but at least you can get the just of how I want it to sound :)



Verse 1:
I want to hear Your voice
I want to see Your face
I want to feel Your presence
Here in this place


Verse 2:
But You're not in the wind
You're not in the quake
Nor are You in the fire
Though they seem so great


Chorus:
I stand on this mountain top
Humbled and in awe
Surrounded by Deafening Silence
It's You
            and I adore
I adore


If you want to subscribe to this blog, you can do so by filling in your email address on the left hand side of the page under the heading "FOLLOW BY EMAIL".

2 comments: