Wednesday 18 April 2012

Metaphor - song writing assignment


In class this week we’re learning about song writing. We have incredibly teachers, Caleb and Erin, who are really great musicians. One of our assignments from Monday was to choose a metaphor from Isaiah 25 or 26 and explore it poetically.

I chose the metaphor from Isaiah 25:4 which says,
“You have been a refuge for the poor, a refuge for the needy in their distress, a shelter from the storm and a shade from the heat.”

You are a refuge in my need
A safe place for me to hide
You keep me sheltered in the storm
Protecting me from raging tides

In my distress I run to you
Guard me from the blazing heat
That burns and bickers in my soul
Leaving no room for retreat

Your love is like a cooling balm
A shelter in times of trouble
You, Lord, make the waters calm
Rebuilding my heart from rubble



If you want to subscribe to this blog, you can do so by filling in your email address on the left hand side of the page under the heading "FOLLOW BY EMAIL".

No comments:

Post a Comment