Friday 8 July 2011

Last day of ministry in Mthatha!

Hi everyone :) this is another extract from a letter to my prayer partners describing what I've been up to lately here in Mthatha. I have also included a bit about what I will be doing over the next few days!
Thank you so much for your continued prayers. I have been so blessed to have you backing me through this trip.

I typed up this email before arriving at the village this morning, but could not send it due to connection issues.
"We are on the way to our last day of ministry at the moment. It's so sad that the week is already so close to being over. We have had such a great time with the people from Viedgiesville and Qweqwe so far! Friendships have been developed and strengthened and lives have been changed on our team as well.

Today my prayer is that we would be able to change lives forever through the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. I'm praying that the teenage girls especially would experience Gods love tangibly and hear his voice. When we leave they will not be alone, and I pray that they will really feel God with them and his love for them throughout the rest of their lives.

Please pray that as we pray blessing over the kids and teenagers and adults, that they would really sense the Spirit coming on them and filling them." It was so sad to leave the kids today! But I'm grateful that we had the opportunity to minister to them and get to know them. I know that I will see some of them again in the future when I come back to Mthatha.

This afternoon we've been doing water distribution ministry again. It was awesome to see some of the same girls as yesterday who I met and made friends with. My Xhosa has improved so much since last year and I want to make a concerted effort to improve my vocal before the next time I come.

The other teams left early this afternoon, and it us quite wonderful to have more space here at the base. This evening we will be looking after PJ and Nathan, the kids of the missionaries at Sondela, so that they can go on a date with Ant and Sue. Tomorrow we are going to Hole in the Wall for a debrief and relaxing day. Please pray for us as we travel, as the roads have been very bad in previous years that we have gone.

We leave late morning on Sunday to drive to PE and then back to Cape Town at 5am on Monday (Janine's birthday). Please pray for safe travels and good unity for the team as we squash so close in the car.

Thank you for praying!

1 comment:

  1. Hi sarah

    This is exactly what I was praying on Tuesday night and I told your mom the same thing on Weds night:

    "Today my prayer is that we would be able to change lives forever through the outpouring of the Holy Spirit."

    God reminded me that in the OT there was a king called Josiah and he came to power and he tore up and cleansed the whole of Israel. He even dug up bones of evil people and burned them. God blessed Israel... but when Josiah died the people immediately reverted to sin, and even worse than before.

    God showed me - this is a few months ago - that the people's hearts had not changed, so the fruit was not long lasting. I asked about how to change hearts and over time I came to understand that people must receive the Holy Spirit in order for their hearts to change.

    So thats why I prayed this on Tuesday and on Weds. Unfortunately we did not gather on Friday night for you guys, but I prayer walked for a few hourse and kept praying off and on. I will continue today and sunday, fortunately you described the nees in your blog, so I know when and how to pray.

    I have enjoyed seeing God build the start of a body, with you guys there and people praying here.

    It's been great to see, as I expect to be the missionary out there and I would like to know people are praying for me in this way.

    God bless you,
    Mark.

    ReplyDelete